CANADIAN LOCK & SUPPLY LTD. is looking for a motivated apprentice locksmith for a full-time position. You will join a team of locksmiths working under a senior locksmith learning the trade. This position has room to grow to become a certified locksmith with your own fully equipped van with the latest tools and equipment for Commercial locksmithing.
General Job Description
The Locksmith performs journeyman level locksmith work requiring expertise in installing, maintaining, and repairing different types of building locks including cylindrical, unit, mortise and rim, and reload cylinders, as well as replaces and repairs panic hardware, door closures, door openers, and various locks. The Locksmith cuts new or replacement keys, picks locks for which keys have been lost or broken and makes repairs of locks as required under emergency conditions. The Locksmith also maintains an adequate and appropriate stock of locksmith supplies and equipment, monitors and reports maintenance issues needing attention to the appropriate authority, and performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Qualifications Requirements
- Locksmith experience – Preferred
- Basic electrical knowledge and mechanical aptitude – Preferred
- First Aid/CPR, Working at Heights and WHMIS certification – Preferred
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance – Required
- Valid G driver’s licence – Required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements
- Ability to work with hand and power tools is an asset.
- Maintain clean worksite, equipment, vehicles, and work areas.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and the occasional weekend as required.
- Must be able to work well on a team, but also work independently.
- Ability to present a professional image. Must be punctual and reliable.
- Occasional heavy lifting required exceeding 50lbs.
- Company vehicle to get from shop to the worksite
- Full hours with possibility of overtime
- Good quality tools
- Health and safety PEE (not including steal toed shoes)
- Uniform – Shirts, hats, toques etc.
- 2 weeks vacation + 1 week paid time off at Christmas
- 1 week additional vacation at 5 years of employment
- 3 paid sick/personal days
- Paid recertification of courses required to work in the industry.
- Work cell phone number provided and e-mail address for privacy from clients outside of business hours.
- Benefits coming soon…
We are looking for someone that pays attention to detail and takes pride in their work. Potentially assume a leadership position in the future.
$20 – $30 per hour. Salary will be dependent on skills and experience.
While we sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with Accessibility for Ontarians with a Disabilities Act (AODA), Canadian Construction Core Ltd. and Canadian Lock & Supply Ltd. are committed to providing accommodations for people with a disability in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
|Job Category||Canadian Lock & Supply Ltd.|