For over 10 years, Canadian Construction Core Ltd. has served the Ottawa are as a leader in commercial design-builds, construction management and general contracting. We currently have an opening for a Project Manager.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to plan and supervise a range of construction projects from start to finish. The successful candidate will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, schedule, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget.
- Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates and tender.
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff.
- Maintaining Health and Safety standards and ensuring safety policies are strictly adhered to.
- Purchasing supplies, tools, and materials.
- Building and maintaining client and supplier relationships.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Diploma or Degree in Project Management or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience in commercial general construction
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Valid G class driver’s licence
- Ability to prepare and track budgets
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and to identify and manage priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and the occasional weekend as required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Products – Excel, word, outlook
- Company vehicle to get from shop to the worksite
- Full hours with possibility of overtime
- Good quality tools
- Health and safety PEE (not including steal toed shoes)
- Uniform – Shirts, hats, toques etc.
- 2 weeks vacation + 1 week paid time off at Christmas
- 1 week additional vacation at 5 years of employment
- 3 paid sick/personal days
- Paid recertification of courses required to work in the industry.
- Work cell phone number provided and e-mail address for privacy from clients outside of business hours.
- Benefits coming soon…
We are looking for someone that pays attention to detail and takes pride in their work. Potentially assume a leadership position in the future.
65k-80k. Salary will be dependent on skills and experience.
While we sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with Accessibility for Ontarians with a Disabilities Act (AODA), Canadian Construction Core Ltd. and Canadian Lock & Supply Ltd. are committed to providing accommodations for people with a disability in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
|Job Category||Canadian Construction Core Ltd.|